Sunday, July 1, 2012

Welcome

Hello out there!

This greeting is to those of you who've taken a leap of faith and started reading this blog. And if you're wondering why, I say leap of faith because I'm not exactly easy to follow, nor am I the ideal informat for the things I'll typically be informing you lucky lads of.
And so it begins. Once, for a Creative Writing course (led by an educator extraordinare, by the way), I wrote a poem entitled "My Thoughts are Nothing but Incessant Chatter". That's pretty much what this blog reminds me of. My incessant chatter, going on inside my too busy brain, getting out there for someone to read and possibly relate to. So, here it goes.

For those of you who do know me, I apologize for the all too thorough introduction. If you don't like seeing people talk about themselves, close the window now and proceed to Pinterest or Facebook, the poison of your choice. For anyone else out there, who may not know me but is, once again, taking that leap of faith, here we go!

1. My name is Lyndzie A. And I am a paranoid, anxiety ridden, jumble of fun. I was married in January of 2012, although my drivers license still reads Lyndzie F. (Yes, I know, procrastination is no bueno. You do what I do then tell me you have time to go change your license). Also, yes, that is really how I spell my name. And in response to your comment on the spelling, I say to you, I had nothing to do with it.
2. I am an English Major at the University of North Florida, an animal lover, and a Dr. Pepper addict. No, really. Without it I get migraines. It's bad. I am not a "Grammar Nazi", more of a Punctuation Person. Also, spelling. Get your spelling straight. I am the epitome of hopeless for animals. I adore them, love them, can't say no to them. Sigh. So cute.
3. I am a Latter Day Saint (or Mormon). It is my life, my light, my strength, and my joy. I have strong convictions to go along with my beliefs, but I will not push my beliefs on anyone and will try not to as much as possible within the walls of computer screen/my blog posts.
4. I am married to the man of my dreams, Matthew. (Who, by the way just interrupted me for a kiss. He also tried to read this blog before it was finished. Sorry babe! You'll see it with the rest of the world!) He is my whole world. My best friend. The love of my life. Here's a super cute picture of us on our wedding day.

I know. We're cute, right? Back to it.

5. I have a Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I also have battled with severe depression for years. I am open about it and will answer any questions gladly. You should know, I am unforgiving when it comes to insensitivity of Mental Illness. As long as you know that, we're cool.
6. I am in love with Utah. It is my favorite place in the whole wide world. And not because of the overwhelming (which is really not as overwhelming as you think) number of Mormons. To those of you who know me, this may surprise you, I love the outdoors! I love the mountains, the fresh air, all of it. It's home. Even though I've only lived there for a handful of months. Sigh, I'll be back soon Utah.
7. My family means the world to me. I have three brothers and one sister, along with two sisters-in-law. Family is life. Love it. All day, every day.
8. I'm running out of things to say because I don't particularly enjoy talking about myself. Bleh. I like pictures, history, art, and lace. I love Pinterest and DIY projects. I am a baker, in a Winn Dixie Bakery. A cook, in the home of L & M. And a nanny to nine of the cutest children ever. Also, I love School. If I could be in school forever, I would be. School is where I belong.
9. If I could do anything in the world, I'd be an Animal Cop that owned and ran a No-Kill Shelter. I'd live on six acres with horses and a dog to sleep on my porch. My porch would face the West so I could watch the sunset. I would also drive a jeep Wrangler. And Matt and I would have 16 babies, that would all be girls. Well, not 16. But a few.
10. I have an old blog that you can check out here. It's old, but you can ch-ch-ch-check it out.



Anyways, that's it for the get to know me. So, here's an update of my life in pictures on what has happened recently. Get ready for cute overload, followed by sad overload, followed by happily ever after overload.

1. Right after my birthday in April, I found my dream kitten. I have always wanted an Orange baby. His mama lost him, I found him, and I raised him from a tiny baby bottle. Meet Oliver.


2. Shortly after finding little Oliver, I was contacted about fostering a mama cat and her four babies. World, meet mama and babies. My home was infested with cuteness for months on end.

 

 3. As the kittens slept all the stinking time, they went from weight about half a pound to about three pounds each before all finding new homes with friends and family of mine. Meet the crew. This is Froggie. He was so named because he had a leg deformation that made him walk like a frog. Also, he jumped....very very high.

  
Ah, sweet Oliver. Both Froggie and Oliver moved in with my cousin for her twelfth birthday. Yay babies finding a home together. My sweet green eyed boy, Oliver.


Ah, and this, my sweet readers, is Aria. Who found a home soooo spontaneously with a dear friend. She was such a pretty little girl. And the only girl, out of all five babies.



Ah, Rosco. Sweet, sweet Rosco. If I ever wanted a boy cat (which I dont, because I don't like boy cats) it is this little sweetheart. He slept with me every night. Sweet boy loved to cuddle. Cuddling, the way to my heart. Rosco.


And this is Eva M.J. Max Junior. Until about one week before M.J. left, we though he was a she and called him Eva. That must be why he was such a meanie. Once we realized this she was a he, M.J. became much much nicer. Max Junior was named after the family cat, Max, who we had as long as we've had my little sister :) Anyways, M.J. and Rosco went home with one of the families I nanny for. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that these two are with each other, safe and happy, in the arms of a sweet little girl.



 All of my babies went to their new homes as of June 29th. And then it was just L, M & Odie. My sweet cat. Well, not so sweet. But she was very sweet when the kittens first left because she was lonely. Super cuddly. Never wanted to let me go. (Insert totes adorable picture here).



*Her eyes are not always this big, she is much cuter. Also, she is a polydactyl. AKA, she has extra toes. Best. Christmas. Present. Ever. Except my Engagement ring. Props to Matthew for the best Christmas ever!*


ANYWAYS. All four kittens went to their new home, and the same day I took in four preemies. Recently, there was a pretty drastic rainstorm/flood. I'm thinking the mama got scared, went into labor early, and then threw up the dueces. A friend found these four babies and brought them to me, knowing I was the best chance that they had.



They were teeny. I mean, teeny teeny teeny.
July 1st, 2012. Lucky, Squirt, and Skinny Minnie all passed on.
I cried. All weekend.
I knew it was probable that they wouldn't make it. However, I was hopeful.
They were just too early. And they went on to live with my Grandma. At least, that's what I tell myself.





And Champion, a real trooper, is left. He's a fighter, a champ, a winner. He's fighting with everything he has to survive. He's loud, he eats a lot, and he's very wiggly. All good signs. With a whole lot of luck and prayers, he just might make it. And then he truly would be my little Champ.

Here's another picture of the little guy.






And that's what's up in my neck of the woods.


Welcome to my life.
Hope you'll come back by soon.


Hugs, cuddles, sparkles and glitter,
Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment