Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
I know who I am
I know God's plan
I'll follow him in Faith

I believe in my savior, Jesus Christ
I'll honor his name
I'll do what is right
I'll follow his light
His truth I will proclaim 



And that's all there is to it. Plain and simple, this is what I know and who I am. If you don't like it, that's your problem.


Recently I was put between a rock and a hard place. (That's the phrase, right? I think so.) Anyways,  my Religion was accused of being a cult. And that happens regularly. I mean, I'm a Mormon. People have heard so much nonsense throughout the years and all the facts get blurred with the past and the rumors get smudged in there too. Suddenly, when I say "I'm a Mormon" people think all sorts of nonsense.

No, I don't have six moms. No, the Sister Wives are not of my Religion. No, no, no, no, no. I always find myself saying no. So, instead of saying no, I'm going to say Yes. Yes, these are my beliefs. Yes, this is what I know and live by. Yes, this is my life. And yes, this is fact. You can count on it.

These are called the "Articles of Faith". They are literally 13 facts of what I believe. They're in the back of the Book of Mormon. Here goes nothing. Keep reading, figure out what I believe, go on enlightened, and do not spread negativity about something that brings me peace. This religion is nothing but positive. This religion is the foundation of millions of families across the world. Look at the statistics, we're doing something right.

The 13 Articles of Faith


 

Jesus Christ, my Savior and Redeemer

  1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
  2. We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
  3. We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.
  4. We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.
  5. We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.
  6. We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
  7. We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
  8. We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
  9. We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
  10. We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.
  11. We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.
  12. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.
  13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

To put it simply, in my own words, which is to say my words and mine alone:


I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is more than “just a man”. I believe that we were given Agency and Accountability before coming to this World. We are responsible for our own choices, and will be held accountable for what we do. I know that by living this gospel, and spreading the Good news, through Christ sacrificing himself, I will be able to live again with my Heavenly Father. Through obedience, I will be given the chance to go back to my Heavenly Father. My gospel is not complete without faith, repentance, baptism of water to be forgiven (by the proper authority), and receiving the Holy Ghost (once again, by the proper authority). That authority thing? Yeah, it’s important. You don’t just get to decide that you have the authority of God. That authority was lost to man, and then given back to man. That authority lies with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I believe in the same setup of the original church. I believe in prophets, who speak for my Heavenly Father. I believe that the prophet can speak for my Heavenly Father because of prophecy, revelations, visions, etc. I believe that this man truly is a Prophet of God and is a mouthpiece for Him. I read the Bible the same way you do. There is no “Mormon bible”. There is the Bible, which goes along hand in hand with the teachings of the Book of Mormon. Don’t believe it? Read it and you’ll see. I believe that Jesus Christ came to the Americas and that he will return, a second time, to the Americas. He will reign upon the Earth, and it will be perfect. I will not bash your religion, please do not bash mine. I believe that you are free to worship however you may, however you want, whenever you want. Believe whatever you want. But allow me the same courtesy. I believe in following the laws of the lands, which means adhering to the governments that are set in place. And finally, I believe in being Christlike. That entails, honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, in doing good to all men, and searching after anything virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy. I believe in being the best me that I possibly can be. I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I believe in his restored Gospel, on the Earth that is available to us today. I believe in the blessings of forever families and eternal happiness. I believe, I trust, I know.

Plain and simple.
If you don't like it, don't get it twisted. Go spread positivity or keep it to yourself.


Hugs and Cuddles,
 Lynz



1 comment:

  1. Very well said, Lyndzie. I find myself dealing with so many people assuming that we are so bad, when we aren't. People need to educate their selves.

    ReplyDelete